Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2008-2009 Update

I haven't wrote in here in quite awhile but I'm going to try and give an update on what's been happening since 2007.

First off I've had another child on April 18, 2008, in Saskatoon, Sk. Canada. His name is Ethan. He was born one month premature because I was too sick to carry him anymore and I felt like if anything happened to me I'd at least want my baby to survive. We both came out of the c-section procedure very well. I finally convinced my gynecologist to try some antibiotics. She saw how sick I was and we made a very good case as to me having Lyme Disease. When we got back home and saw my regular g.p. both of my sons as well as myself got tested for Lyme Disease and the boys came back positive, I had a few bands that showed activity but not a confirmed diagnosis. Our g.p. started the boys on medication for about 4 months and they are doing very well to this day. I was also started on some meds and IV Rocephin. I was so very sick, having symptoms from seizures, inability to walk or use arms, double vision, extreme pain, incoherent, speech problems which led to a complete inability to speak and the list goes on.

Within about 2 months of being on the IV Rocephin, I went from being hospitalized to up and walking around. I was able to come back home to Portland, Oregon and take care of my kids, which was incredibly amazing from the way I was just a couple months ago.

Something I didn't realize was that I would be battling this for years to come. The next few years I have been on and off of IV Rocephin when I'm ill and it brings me back to life. I am still extremely fatigued and can't overdo anything but that is better than being bedridden. After medications I am back up walking, even dancing, I can take my kids out for a walk, cook dinner, clean the house and even drive! Then things turn for the worst when you are least expecting it and I'm back to being bedridden. Life is hard, very hard. The good thing out of all of this is that my kids are healthy. It's a horrible feeling knowing that you made your kids sick.

No comments: